White Mountain Trails

>Subject: Owens Valley/White Mtn
>
>East of Bishop, California lies White Mountain. I'm hiking there this weekend
>and am curious about Silver Canyon Road, a 4x4 road that shoots up the
>side of
>White Mountain. Evidently, there are several stream crossings. Curious if
>anyone has any beta on the trail, or other good ones in the Big Pine/Bishop
>area.
>
>Much appreciated,
>
>- -Brendan

Brendan,
We're on our way out and I don't have the time this morning to even start
to tell you the trails I know about over there. Give me a day or two more
notice next time and I'll give you enough great trails over there to keep
you occupied for a month. Interestingly enough, I haven't even heard of
the Silver Canyon Road so will be interested in hearing from you about it.

John H.