Re: Distributor Question

My analysis is that looking at the engine from the front, the crank is
going clockwise and the cam counter-clockwise.  I think distributor has
to be on the left side of the camshaft, so it's being driven by the
downward moving side of the cam and the distributor is being pulled down
into the block.

Is there a prize?   Lots of large, unmarked bills, I hope.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998 22:03:49 GMT jlandry@domain.elided (John A. Landry)
writes:
>OK, here's one for all of you logical thinkers...
>
>In an IH V8 engine, when the distributor shaft drive gear is being
rotated
>by the camshaft worm gear, if the distributor shaft were to resist
turning
>for some reason, would the distributor shaft tend be pulled down or
pushed
>up?  [Phew... that's a hard to follow question!]

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]