Re: Distributor Question

>OK, here's one for all of you logical
>thinkers...
>In an IH V8 engine, when the distributor
>shaft drive gear is being rotated by the
>camshaft worm gear, if the distributor
>shaft were to resist turning for some
>reason, would the distributor shaft tend be
>pulled down or pushed up? [Phew... that's
>a hard to follow question!]

How many angels can you fit on the head of a pin?

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided

   1979 Scout II 345, Auto, 3.07's, Lexan window's in TravelTop. One
Ugly and Trusty Truck!

1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.

---- Begin included message ----
OK, here's one for all of you logical thinkers...

In an IH V8 engine, when the distributor shaft drive gear is being rotated
by the camshaft worm gear, if the distributor shaft were to resist turning
for some reason, would the distributor shaft tend be pulled down or pushed
up?  [Phew... that's a hard to follow question!]

Thanks,

John
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com       |   I want to know the TRUTH about our
Conservative Libertarian         |     government's secret operations.
Life Member of the NRA           |
WA Arms Collectors               | That's why I watch the X-Files on FOX!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    |
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model

---- End included message ----