AMC-Motors

IH all,
Sorry, I have been lurking for a while instead of actually posting.

So, Alot of you are talking about AMC motors. Do they just bolt up to a
Scout 3 spd? What about the clutch? Any modifications I need to know
about? My friend has a 304 out of a Matador. and he is looking for a
401, so he said I could have the motor to put into my Scout.
It's probably alot fresher than mine, since he just rebuilt it.
What must I do?
Matt