Re[2]: Old engine statup...

     It's been sitting outside, but the hood was closed and the windows up.
     The interior is really in pretty good shape, and I'm looking forward
     to driving it.  It reminds me alot of the lowered suburbans you see
     driving around.  The truck has all the parts, even the bumperettes on
     the front (looks like push-bumpers).  The interior has the carpet in
     the back (mine didn't) and the rust in the bosy walls around the
     windows is non-existant.  The usual in the wheel wells is probably
     from the sand in the fender.  The drain from the window cove is not
     rustty, because there are no leaves out on the desert to get caught in
     there.  The drains still work.  It's basically a desert truck, just
     needs some regular maintenance.  The oil is in there and the electrics
     are my bag, so it's not going to be too much difficulty to get it
     streetable.  I give myself 3 weeks for the entire turn around.  I'm
     wondering what'll happen to the back it I spring over, AND flip the
     shackles to point down.  It may be higher than my 4wd.  For the
     meantime, I'll settle for driving around town, and maybe get a tow
     hitch.  It should tow better than the 4wd just for the lower CG.  The
     rats nests are not in there (they usually just eat the wiring
     insulation around here) but the desert where this was kept didn't have
     rats, so I'm all set.

        I'll give developments tonight,

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727 RE8000, Cibie40s, custom
                rear tire rack, 6 different color body panels.
                Not much sport, all utility.
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727 Hummer brush guard,
                3/4T rear springs, Hella Rallye 2000s, Con-Ferr 5x7,
                Class IV hitches front and rear, 3" Exhaust.
                1st Place, Rocky Mountain IH Rendezvous,
                3rd Place, Tulare IH Western Regionals.
         '74 IHC Travelall 150? 2wd 392/tf727 "The 'new' one"
                Factory AM/FM, Cruise, Tilt, AC, Captains Chairs.