Old engine statup...

     IH everyone,

        I wanted to get the lists' opinion of the procedure for
     starting a sitting motor.  I got my 'new' 74 t'all home last
     night, and I think I can make it un tonight.  Like a checklist to
     make sure I don't goof something, basically I was going to do
     this:

     Check all fluids for level and condition.  (did this last night,
     everything is ok, even after sitting, guy said it runs.)

     Remove coil spark wire.
     disconnect fuel hose to carb.
     put in battery
     connect ground
     put a meter in the circuit to see if there is a draw before
        turning on the ignition.  Fix accordingly.
     remove spark plugs
     squirt a gas-oil mix into each cyl to lube the walls before cranking.
     put a breaker bar on the end of the crank pulley and turn engine over
     crank engine with jumper on starter (to avoid startup)
     after sufficient oil pressure is achieved (oil in the valve covers, they
        are dry right now) then turn on the hodge-podge ignition and pray.
     Maybe pour a teaspoon or two of fuel in the carb.

     Any help appreciated,

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727 RE8000, Cibie40s, custom
                rear tire rack, 6 different color body panels.
                Not much sport, all utility.
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727 Hummer brush guard,
                3/4T rear springs, Hella Rallye 2000s, Con-Ferr 5x7,
                Class IV hitches front and rear, 3" Exhaust.
                1st Place, Rocky Mountain IH Rendezvous,
                3rd Place, Tulare IH Western Regionals.
         '74 IHC Travelall 150? 2wd 392/tf727 "The 'new' one"
                Factory AM/FM, Cruise, Tilt, AC, Captains Chairs.