Re: administrivia: new conceptions about digest.net

> the idea is to devote some web space to list member pages about their
> cars, or their car hobby, or their car related hobby.

 Richard:

I'm all for any "community-building" experiments of this type.  There are
lots of freeware CGI scripts that "ease the pain" for folks trying to
create a first web page -- scripts that offer an HTML form and a "fill in
the blank" approach to web page creation.  No FTP hassles, no "ASCII vs.
Binary" upload problems, etc.  File upload via HTML  (RFC1867) is another
useful tool in this regard.

This approach can be utilized as an *option* at least -- if you'd like to
*also* offer more creative freedom to folks using more traditional web-page
authoring tools and file-upload methods.

I've been tinkering in a small way with some things along these same lines:

Member Profiles:  (form-generated personal pages)
--------------------------
http://www.binderbulletin.org/database/usrlink.html

HTML File Upload:
http://www.binderbulletin.org/upload/upload.htm

One of the biggest tasks I've found to date (that I've not yet automated)
is providing some type of meaningful "index" (or indices) to these pages as
they're created -- whether by name, by locale, by vehicle type, etc.

If I can contribute to this effort in any way, by all means let me know.

Regards,

Bill Thebert
The Binder Bulletin