Re: Broken spring mount?

Tom:

Your broken spring mount is not an uncommon failure.  We wrote about that
very failure in Volume 1, Number 3 (January 1996) of the Binder Bulletin.
Rickie Bordelon of "Light Line of Louisiana" did the very same thing.

Oddly it was on a pretty modest part of the trail after having just
completed Red Cone Mountain.  The front shackle folded completely forward,
driving the tire into the part of the fender that is normally in front of
the tire.

After pulling it back into position and welding in place, we added two
triangular gussets behind the stock spring hanger.  Seems to have done the
trick.

Bill Thebert