Point distributor and MSD ignition

>All this talk about unreliability of electronic ignitions has made me
>wonder if it's a good idea to go with the MSD setup that I was planning.
>Maybe just plain old points is a better way to go. I welcome any comments.

Good to hear from you, Scott.
Steve S. is going to tell you why not the MSD and points ignition. Not
trouble free, but so simple to repair or bypass when you do have problems.

I love my Unilite and MSD combination and I don't expect to ever have any
trouble with the Unilite. (overly optimistic, some of the skeptics will
say)
If I were doing it over again, if I could afford it I'd do exactly the
same, if I couldn't afford it, I'd go with the dual points distributor.

John H.