Re: Is this a dumb idea?

Jerry Whitteridge wrote:

> Not to change the subject but all the Land Rovers I drove in the
> military had a starter crank so you could start manually  -- it was a
> bitch to do but would work. Wonder how I could retrofit the concept to
> a Scout -- Tom any Ideas ????
>
> Jerry Whitteridge
> jrwhitt@domain.elided
> 91 Jeep Wrangler
> 79 Scout II

Jerry-

If I'm not mistaken, most of the military Land Rovers I'm picturing in
my mind are the old style, thus 4 cyl.  I know that a good tight engine
will be difficult to turn in any case-I had to try to turn an old Jeep 4
cyl by hand a few times-but I don't think I want to try it on some big
IH V8!

Michael