RE:rear tire carrier

Steve
When I bought my scout 3 yr ago it came with the Kayline rear tire/gas
can hanger. It too has started to rip on the pass side end cap. I just
dont let it hang open too much. When I make my new rear bumper I will
have the tire hanger pivot on a bearing that will be mounted to the
bumper not the end cap. And will have two pivots one from each side, one
for the tire and one for the two jerry cans...

Jim

steve wrote

I bought a Kayline tire carrier, and within a year, the carrier had
ripped up
the end caps on both sides where the carrier mounts at the top. If you
install
a carrier, that bolts to the body in any way, be sure to make supports
on the
body so that the mounts don't rip the body apart. What really ticked me
off
was that neither Kayline (who I'm sure knew that it would happen) nor
the
Scout dealer I bought it from mentioned making a support for it. The
carrier
itself is nice, though.STeve - 74 Scout II with the infamous 40 gallon
tank.