Bronco Dana 20?

OK, my latest brainstorm... mate a Bronco Dana 20 to the back of a T19, and
use a divorced NP205 behind it.  Nuts?  Yeah, probably...

But anyhow..  I don't see how mating a Jeep Dana 300 to a Scout II T19 would
be much different so...

What's to keep me from removing the transfer case adapter from the
transmission, dusting the face of the Bronco 20 (or Jeep 300) with chalk or
some other marking compound, place it against the Dana 20 transfer case
adapter, and mark the holes... drill through the adapter to the transmission
side of it.  The Scout Dana 20 uses a larger bolt pattern and face, but the
same size "hole".  Put the Bronco Dana 20 or Jeep Dana 300 against the
adapter, and bolt in place... from the "inside" of the adapter... run bolts
from the transmission end.

The T19 I just acquired doesn't have the adapter on it.. so I was test
fitting with my T15..the T19 is narrower.  It might require some additional
work to counter-sink the bolt heads.  But you'll then have a sealed Bronco
20 or Jeep 300 mated to the transfer case adapter... just bolt the *adapter*
to the transmission, and you're done.

Naturally you'll need the appropriate input gear... get it with the Bronco
'case, or buy a TeraLow for the '300 with the Scout II manual input gear...
heck, find a friend that just upgraded to the TeraLow, and buy his/her old
"regular" Dana 300 input gear!

What's wrong with this picture? (other than the Bronco case is a left drop)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs