Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 12:48:45 -0600
From: Curt Cleavinger <curt_cleavinger@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Tachometers, red-line, etc.

If all you want is a 4K tachometer, why not just get an 8K tach,
and run it on the 4 cylinder setting. If you don't want to
translate rpms in your head, then get some stick-on numbers
to cover up the original ones. I got a cheapie mini tach. from
checker for about $30. I've been meaning to find some stick-on
numbers, but it's pretty easy to remember that 4K rpm is really
2K rpm, etc.

later,         curt_cleavinger@domain.elided  Louisville, CO
  Curt         Binder Bunch: http://www.off-road.com/~jweed/binder.htm

------------------------------

John,

        Hmmm.  Just keep in mind that the treatise you wrote on those handles
came from a job just Sunday!  You still explained it better than I would so
go ahead.  I'm still curious how Tom is going to make that one work smoothly.
My rear liftgate still closes better than any I have seen even after putting the
gate on three different travel tops in the last 8 years!  Seals out rain still
too!  I'm going to help Mike (jr) Wethington fix his on Sunday.

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727 RE8000, Cibie40s, custom
                rear tire rack, 6 different color body panels.
                Not much sport, all utility.
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727 Hummer brush guard,
                3/4T rear springs, Hella Rallye 2000s, Con-Ferr 5x7,
                Class IV hitches front and rear, 3" Exhaust.
                1st Place, Rocky Mountain IH Rendezvous, Ramped a 617,
                3rd Place, Tulare IH Western Regionals