Re: Rad Caps

>From: Tom Harais <tjhemh@domain.elided>
>
>What is important: Virtually all radiator caps allow coolant to escape
>out the overflow tube when heat expands it.

>From: n9ads@domain.elided (Howard R Pletcher)
>
>Without a tank, your Scout would weep coolant until the level drops to
>the point that all you're doing is weeping air and drawing it back in
>during the temperature cycles.

Yep, that's what happened.  When it got good 'n really hot, it weeped and I
think sucked back thru the welded fitting on the side of the radiator
mount.  Now it's down about 2" in the radiator.  I think I got the coolant
recovery cap after all because it doesn't seem to have a separate air
intake on the cap.  It appears to suck air back via the welded fitting.
Now for the empty plastic milk bottle!  Thanks to you both!

Also from Howard:
>But on
>freeway and city street driving, it's probably not much of a
>disadvantage.

Actually, I think that for deliveries and parallel parking in the city, RHD
would be an *advantage*.

"If Rocky the Flying Squirrel had gotten e-mail from a flounder instead of
fan mail from a flounder, would the Cold War have been web-based?"   -T.
Lang, circa 1998