RE: ihc-digest V6 #34

What do you mean by "split year" styling. The "C" line was built in 1968,
the "D" line was built starting in 1969. However, there wasn't an official
model year until 1972. So, the vehicles were titled in the year they were
sold, not necessarily the year they were built.

:         Something occurred to me, I DO remember seeing a 'split-year'
:      '69 Travelall in Tulare.  It was a dated '69 lineset with a '68
:      body style.  My guess is you have the 69-75 style.

Yep, you are correct...I have seen evidence of this "split" year styling
for 1969 too..

$400 is the bare bones price for a paint job. You probably won't get the
greatest job, but if you do a decent prep job the paint should last a few
years. For comparison, I spent just under $300 for paint & materials for
one of my tractors. And, I still have to paint it! With paint work, you
really get what you pay for!
If you rattle can it, its not going to look very good. There are a few
tricks that you can do to make it look somewhat better, but its still going
to look like a spray can job.

Anyone out there ever paint their truck themselves?  I'm finishing (read:
giving up) on the body work on my truck and want to paint it.  Macco wants
$400 to paint it, with no warranty, and I would rather not spend the money.
How bad would it look if I spray-painted it?  Maybe I could use flat black
or
dark green for some concealment?

-Scott Satterlund