Another Commute

Drove the right-hand-drive '72 2wd Scout II, equipped with 258 engine and
727 tranny for the first time to work today.  A 30 mile commute.
Thankfully no problems.  But a comment and a question.

Comment first:  Driving along with the windows open it occurred to me how
much more pleasant it can be sitting on the right side of the lane than the
left.  No draft from cars coming the other direction.  Able to hear more of
what is going in the outside world.  Feel cooler breezes from the grass and
trees than from the other lane of traffic.  When it rained a little, no
splashing from passing trucks on your face.  Hmmmmm, I got to thinking why
does convention say (except for maybe when needing to pass on a two lane
road--I don't seem to do much of that anymore anyway) that we have steering
on the side *closest* to oncoming traffic?

Now Question:  This Scout did not come with a coolant return tank.  Don't
know if it was there at one time and removed, but I bet it was never there.
 This is a bare-bones Scout, no rear seat, manual steering, brakes, etc.
I'm adding a coolant return tank.  Do coolant return tank equipped vehicles
require a different radiator cap?  The radiator has an overflow tube
connection welded at the mouth but the cap that is there does not weep
coolant during the heating/cooling cycle (at least I *think* that's what
coolant return system radiator caps do).

And yes, I am still consciously *thinking* about my lane position when
driving.  Kinda like when you first learn to drive.  Even had a brief
moment of thinking about which side of the *aisle* to walk in when I
stopped at Home Depot on the way home.  Sheesh.

Tom (whose boat and car steer from the same side) Lang

"If Rocky the Flying Squirrel had gotten e-mail from a flounder instead of
fan mail from a flounder, would the Cold War have been web-based?"   -T.
Lang, circa 1998