Re: Ok, my turn

>So I've got this mild clunking noise coming from my scout.  Recently,
>However, I don't think that is what is causing the noise.  BTW, this
>"noise" got so bad that the whole Scout was shuddering every half-second
>or so.

Ken,

I'd tell you to grease your rear U-joints, but I think it's too late!

My 4" lifted Scout exhibited these symptoms (actually, the '72 did this just
before the U-joints blew, too)... when I pulled the rear driveshaft out, the
bearing cups on the U-joints just fell out, and upon hitting the asphalt,
many small and very dry needle bearings sprung out.

That was when I asked the list how often I should grease my U-joints... and
the response was pretty much, "You'll never grease them *too* often"...

Check those rear U-joints before they spit out somewhere! (BTDT)

-Tom