Re: Engine swap

Not sure about the email address, its out of my hands.  I always tell
everyone jtarquin@domain.elided will work, that doesn't mean it is what you se on
your end.

Well, I will give the chevy's a thumbs up, but they are a far cry from IH
in strength.

IMHO A 350 is a car engine, a 345 is a born and bred truck engine.
From what I have heard on this digest, the only thing keeping the
304/345/392 from spinning besides its own mass is the valve springs, the
bottom end is surely beefy enough to carry the load.  They were not
designed for high revs and float at approx 4700-4800.  But I've heard Big
Block chev springs are a realtively simple swap and will give more spirng
tension to the valves which allows them a higher rate of return to there
seats, hence a higher rpm range without valve float.  I have not tried this,
 but was going to do this to my rebuild 345 which is torn down awaiting a
trip to the machine shop.