antifreeze in motor

The fan clutch went out on my scout recently (naturally on the highway
at speed), taking out the water pump, which sent the fan into the shroud
and the radiator, tearing up both as well as the fan itself.  While all
this was going on, apparently the antifreeze was spraying up onto the
hood and down onto the air cleaner lid, where it drained down into the
running motor.  When I finally got all the parts back together and got
the motor running again, it developed what sounds like piston slap once
it warms up.  Since it only does it after it warms up, and it doesn't
seem to happen to the same cylinder at any one time, could the
antifreeze have gotten down into the cylinders and gummed up the valves,
causing them to stick?  If so, is there any way to clean them without
tearing the heads off?  Also, the antifreeze must have gotten into my
smog pump and froze it up.  Does anyone still have the IH part numbers
for the set screw plugs that can be used to plug off the air injection
ports in the exhaust manifolds?  I haven't decided for sure to strip the
emissions stuff off, so does anyone know of a good source for new or
used smog pumps?  Also, the new clutch allows the fan to start spinning
immediately on start-up...is this normal, or should the fan not spin
until the temp comes up?  Thanks and sorry for the length of the post.
John