Summit one-wire alternator

Scouters,

My one-wire quit a week ago.  It is out of warrantee.  So I disassembled
it and started investigating.  One of the main diode sets is blown.  I
called Summit and asked for pricing for a repair part.  Guy from service
gets on and says reassemble the alt and send it in.  We'll replace it
with a new one.  Can't ask for better.

I have a one-wire kit for my old alternator.  I'm going to put that in
and keep the new summit as a spare.

I also put a new crankshaft seal in my York A/C compressor.  It was
leaking like a sieve.  Pretty easy to replace.  You should see the size of
the ball bearings on the crankshaft. I've seen smaller wheel bearings.  No
wonder it can vibrate like that for years & years.

Have to reassemble the whole schmear.  It's so humid out tonight that I
just gave up.  Scout will just have to set a few days longer.

Steve
Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776