Re: [Fwd: Passed emissions]

>>When you swapped the .532 jet for a .500, you obviously leaned out the
air
/ fuel mixture which lowered the CO emissions.

John, it seems to me that the jet change alone could not account for the
entire drop in CO. I think the new power valve did have something to do
with it.  I've read (maybe on this digest, maybe on the Holley board) that
power valves don't "blow" nearly as often as people think, but I still
wonder if that's what had happened.

When I get my AutoMeter vacuum gauge installed, I'll be able to watch for
the power valve engagement, which should be interesting.

BTW, when I talked to a local speed shop about my problem, they said that
.50 is *way* to small a jet for a 500cfm carb.  I'm not sure though, is the
2210C 500cfm, or closer to 350?  Anyway, this guy seemed pretty confident
that something is wrong with the carb if I have to jet that small.  He may
be right, as this is an old, tired carb.

Holley makes jets down to about .40, but they are kind of hard to find.
Lots of parts stores could order them for me, but no one had anything
smaller than .50 in stock.  This lends credence to what the speed shop guy
said, I think.

rob h