Re: How to remove the bull gear from an automatic transmission

>How in the *&$#@$$% do you remove the bull gear from the rear of an AT?  I
>want to install a dana 300, but I have to remove the dana 20 bull gear that
>mounts to the back of the extension housing on the at.  Is it reversed
>threaded?  Or am I not applying enough force to the breaker bar?  My impact

Epp,

Eldon McFarling and I helped someone do this at RMIHR just a few days ago...
they failed with a breaker bar, and running my impact wrench from my
on-board air (w/o a tank) didn't cut it...

Eldon put the tranny in park, put a breaker bar on it, and like I woulda
done, put his hands on the frame rail, feet on the bar, and pushed... came
right off.

:-)

-Tom Mandera, Moab UT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout