1010 Travelall Front Shocks

Joel,

I've already been through the Monroe and Rancho catalogues with my shock
measurements - no match.  It would be easy if I added a few inches of height
with 3/4 ton springs, as you did.  There are some choices in longer shocks.

Even looking for a shock with the proper dimensions and a looped lower end
has found no match.  On the positive side the shocks for Cutlass, Blazer,
S-10, and El Caminos, the Monroe-Matic 32132 (5840 GasMatic) looks like it
might work.  This shock has a bolt down type cross plate in a loop on the
lower end.  If this cross bolt is removable, and convertible to a standard
loop, it should work with a cross drilled lower mount on the vehicle.

Has anyone ever removed one of these XP cross plates?  Is it a hacksaw job,
press job, or do these just pull out?

Thanks,
David Brown	'73 1010 Travelall 392/727