Re: Tranny and Transfer Case ?

Not to pick on Dan and his advise, but a) since the fuel tank is attached
to the body, not the frame, no fuel filler mod will be required, even if
you lift it 10",  and b) no adjusting of the steering column should be
needed for the 2" lift I think you mentioned.  Just disconnect the rag
joint before you jack the body up as you'll probably lift it more than 2"
while installing the parts which would damage it.  You will need to
remove the fan shroud while installing the lift and modify it for
clearance.  If it's a manual, you'll need to readjust the clutch linkage
and also check that the transfer case shifter doesn't hit the edge of the
slot in the tunnel cover in 4WD Lo.

And technically, the single speed transfer case is a TC-143, not a T-143.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998 12:54:02 -0400 (EDT) cookiedan@domain.elided (Daniel Nees)
writes:
>Jeremy,
>   Is your tranny an auto or stick? If auto it is a TorqueFlite 727,
>stick if a 4sp it is a T-19 or 3sp a T-15. The transfer agin depends on
>whether it is a 2sp or one speed. If you have a floor shifter then it is
>a Dana-Spicer 20, if you have a pull knob on the dash then you have a
>T-143 single speed. For a body lift you may need to cut the firewall
>below your steering column to allow the body to go up. Also the gas tank
>fill pipe may need modifing. Also the bottom of the fan shroud may need
>to be cut.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]