Travelall exhaust

Binders!

First, thanks John L. for the exhaust donut info - should
have looked at the faq first.

Now to share something I've found out:
 You may recall that I was worried that I had a blockage
in the passenger side exhaust of my '75 Travelall. The
passenger side exhaust flow was MUCH weaker than the
driver side. I was about to take it in and have a new
exhaust put on, but I figured that since I had nothing
to lose, I'd do some destructive investigation first.
I drilled a 1/2" hole just behind the muffler, and got
a nice strong exhaust flow. So I cut off the exhaust
pipe from the muffler, over the rear axle and out to the
side of the vehicle. As I was examining the removed pipe
I discovered that the very last bend (an almost 90 degree
bend to point the pipe out the side of the vehicle)
constricted the pipe terribly. The inside of the pipe looks
like a 2" by 5/8" oval. I'm assuming that this is the
source of the problem, though I'm not ruling out a critter
nest in the pipe (it'd have to be a pretty small critter
to get past that restriction though!). The exhaust looks
original, and Joel Brodsky mentioned the passenger side
exhaust being weaker on his Travelall too - might be
worth a check.

later,         curt_cleavinger@domain.elided  Louisville, CO
  Curt         Binder Bunch: http://www.off-road.com/~jweed/binder.htm
 [/>/]             [\<\] '75 Scout II     '75 Travelall 150