The Quality of Binder Manuals

<snip>   Let me know how you think the Jag and the Binder books compare. I
can't think of anything they haven't told me about my truck, short of
where that blasted fill plug was on my t-case, that wasn't correct.
Hey Dan,

it finally arrived and I am very pleased with the quality of the
information inside.  As far as the comparison with Jaguar manuals, it's
night and day.  Of course, the Scout manual didn't cost $289, instead it
was a mere $92 with two night delivery.  I wish the Jag books were that
cheap!

The Jag set consisted of four hard shell binders each about 3 - 4 inches
thick of pages.  The Scout manual is made up of one volume which is about
2.5 inches thick.  I was a little dissapointed with the fact that the Scout
manual has a soft shell binding and the pages are incredibly light weight,
which will allow for easy destruction(gotta be carefull).  This also
accounts for the difference in volume size of the two different manuals.
The pages in the Jag manuals are almost poster board thickness.

All in all, for the price, the Scout manual is superb in its contents.  So
far, I had dismantled my Scout and converted it to 4-wheel drive without
the aid of a manual, but this sure will make it easy putting the engine
back together.  Now I'll also be able to check actual dimensions of
different drive train components.

Bottom line, the manual is worth every cent they sell them for.  My only
wish was that it would have been constructed a little more sturdy to endure
the future years of use(abuse).  I don't plan on ever letting my Scout go,
and I hope the manual will hold up to the abuse I plan on putting the truck
through.

Thanks to all that recommend the purchasing of this book.

Keep those Scouts on the road! (or off-road :-))

John W.
76 Scout Terra