OK, new carb question (illustrated)

Hey folks...
Now that I have the spare carb to futz with, I need a little help
identifying my existing carb. Chilton's (67-73) has a bunch of pictures
of various models (2300early, 2300 late, 1940, etc.) and I identified my
spare, but my working unit doesn't resemble any of the models they show.
Also, the air cleaner mount is different- the one I've got has a lip on
the back side which sits inside the rim of the bowl and holds the
cleaner in place. This won't fit with the 2300.
I just took a bunch of digital pix of the unit and I'll put them up at
http://bill1.syssrc.com/scout/content/carb.htm
so I can get some info on this one as well (and know for what unit to
shell out the $ for a rebuild manual/kit.)
Anybody have an idea?
Also, for those that actually care, last night I stuck a Scout page up
at my new URL for viewing.
http://billdugan.com/scout/index.htm
with a few pictures (one on the beach) of the beast.
thanks all-
--
Bill Dugan
bdugan@domain.elided