Re: Alternator Pulley

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998 17:49:53 -0500 (CDT) Steve Stegmann
<stegmann@domain.elided> writes:
>Jim,
>
>I think that there are two water pump belts because that's really the
one
>you can't do without.  The others are inconvenient, but the water pump
>*must* be turning.

Reading between the lines, everyone seems to be ignoring the load of the
water pump.  I've never seen any figures, but I'd guess the pump (and
fan) are a greater load that either the alternator or the A/C and that's
the reason for the 2 belts.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]