Seat belts

Tom

> think I can mount the ratchet mechanism flat against the step, using
one of the roll-bar bolts (replace w/ Grade 8)<

That's where I mounted the rachet mechanism for my 3 point harness. You
might want to think about putting a metal plate on the outside of the
body for the bolts to go through. I didn't do it but I thought about it
for added strength.

>The fixed end will also get mounted at the same place, different bolt to
distribute the load (it mounts "vertically" as well).<

I mounted my fixed bolt to the original location next to the seat.  That
way, all the load would spread over different locations.

>The interesting thing is the upper shoulder D-shackle.. it looks like
the
roll-bar hoop to front leg mounting bolts are just below shoulder
height.. and the right size.<

The mounting bolts are excellent  but the shoulder harness catches me at
the neck just a little bit. I find myself pulling up my shirt a little
bit to cover the seat belt.

I would think that you would be safer using the 3 pt harness instead of
the stock seat belts. Even offroading. I would just go ahead and replace
the stock belts completely. You can always put em back.

Kendude

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]