Compressor Vibrations

Been out of town for a week and am just now reading last weeks
digests.

On the topic of compressor vibrations, I had a similar problem a few
years ago and the local A/C ace told me that the mounting brackets
used on some Scout/engine combinations were too light and tended to
flex more with age. That said, he made a strut from the compressor to
the engine. It was a piece of 5/16" by about 3/4" strap with a 90
degree twist in the middle. This allowed one end to be mounted
vertically on the compressor and the other flat to the engine.

I don't have it anymore, at least I can't find it after forgetting to
put it back on after some engine work, so I don't remember where it
was attached.

Anyhow all the vibration and belt hop was eliminated and they are
back now without the strut.

Bill Mounteer
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Phone (403) 253-7709
Fax   (403) 640-0180
'78 Traveler 345/auto/air/mega rust - being restored
'77 Traveler 345/auto/air/parts supply/currently stolen