Quite a few things.

   I have a set of doors with heavy rust on the bottoms. With all this
talk I may modify them to be half doors as the conversation has been.
   I was out Scouting the area for our Scout the Pinelands today, and
came across an Antique Military Truck 4x Club driving through the woods.
WAY COOL! They let me tag along behind. I was behind a Duece and a Half
and was sucking dust the whole time but that didn't matter. I did think
of something to add to the list of things those attending the Scout the
Pinelands should have though, A NEW AIRFILTER. It has been very dry here
for about a month so the woods are very dry. almost no mud per say so
the roads are very fine sugar. My red truck is now "yellow" from the
sand. I'm glad I bought that KandN. <g>
   One of the Dodge's, a 1952 Msomething 6 cyl flathead, had ignition
problems and was runniong on 4 cylinders, Oh, well. I told them a nice
IH 345 would look good in there.
   I noticed that after crawling through the woods at 5-20 MPH i 4 hi,
when I shut down the engine and start it up I get a LARGE recharge read
on the ammeter. I'm thinking this is because of the low RPM of the alt
not putting enough charge out. BUT, I was only using the engine and the
radio so the AMP draw should be minimal so that is making me think that
the stock belt pulley is grossly over sized and at low crawl idle (thats
Hofs crawl speed not Theberts) the RPM at the alt is not enough to
actually put out a substantial charge. John L. does this sound
resonable? Therefore, even if we were to cut the size of our alt pulley
in half at our top redline I don't think we would be hurting the alt.
So, I'm going to look for a smaller pulley for my alt.
   Here is another question, I have a two belt alt. when I add my AC air
compressor, does the alt stay a two belt pulley?

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided

   1979 Scout II 345, Auto, 3.07's, Lexan window's in TravelTop. One
Ugly and Trusty Truck!

1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.