RE: Emission tests

Tom:

To avoid the gross polluter issue have the truck tested while the modem
connection to Sacramento is terminated.  Many people call this a "pretest".

[Shubin, Pete]  To avoid the gross polluter issue have the truck tested
while the modem connection to Sacramento is terminated.  Many people call
this a "pretest".  Legal or not lets you know if you are going to pass or
need to do some work on the truck without letting big brother know.

> 9) They say they have exempted cars less than three years old and those
> built before 1973. But that isn't true exactly! The first time any car
> is registered in this state, it has to be inspected

	[Shubin, Pete]  When I registered my '72 Scout II I just walked into
AAA and paid some fees, a lot of fees, but no SMOG test.  The Scout had not
been registered in CA for nine years.  I was under the impression that the
'73 and older rule applied to all cars weather they are out of state
vehicles or not.