RE: Re: Stupid stuff

> Sorry to rewrite, but did they ever make 4x4 WM's?
Yup.  As you probably know, a WM is just a T'all with
a modified body, so it could be built w/the same stuff.

However, and I think this is interesting, IH would *not*
equip the 4x4 versions with the 5th wheel hitch.  Says
right in the sales brochure: "Fifth wheel towing package
available on 1210 4x2 only."

I don't know why, but Allan W.'s sudden search for a front
sway bar after converting his truck could be a clue!  I also
think that the higher center of gravity might just be too much
to ask from a short wb truck pulling a 5th-wheel sized trailer.

Four wheel drive of our truck's era wasn't a pure "upgrade,"
like an AM/FM stereo, but more like an auto tranny, you
know, you get something and you give up something.

The reason I bring this up is because, as some list members
have heard probably too often, I really like the IFS units.
But every few shows,  whether it's the WM or the 1000B, some
well-meaning person says "This *would* be such an awesome
truck if it only had four-wheel drive.."

I patiently explain that either:
1)  the 1000B drives, handles, and babys front tires much better
than it would with 4wd- which  would simply never get used
- or -
2) the WM would gain a lot of unsprung weight,  would increase tire wear
and might lose high speed towing stability-if that was IH's concern-
if I added 4wd (which I've considered, in fact, that's why I bought
the T'lette).  Now, as when we were hauling with the 1000B,
we *will* likely get stuck every couple years in a farmer's field,
but we just wait for the tractor.  Not a big deal (as long as it's
not a John Deere <g>).

'Notherwords, I think my trucks are "awesome" just like they are!

I'm just afraid that, though, one of these days I'm going to say
something less pleasant (and less printable).

At least now if it's at an IH show, one of the digesters can make excuses
for me!  Can't count on the wife, fer sure, she just usually informs people that
I'm basically a jerk.