O'l pressure

reply to:________________________________________________
From: Andrew <lynx@domain.elided>
Subject: Oil Pressure on '69 IH 3/4 ton 4X4
Hi guys,
   I've been driving the old Binder on & off the last couple of days. I =
noticed after it is warmed up good my oil pressure reads low at idle. =
(It seems low to me anyway.)  It idles at about 900rpm or so, the oil =
pressure shows about 10 lbs. I've heard 10lbs per 1000rpm, but seeing =
the gauge read that low makes me cringe. (10W-30.)
And the motor only has about 2000 miles on it.=20
Andrew Thomas
'69 IH 1200 4X4
345, 4 speed, 4:10s
Andy,
	I'm a little late replying, but I'm gonna guess that everyone would
agree that you have a not so accurate or reliable IH STOCK oil pressure
sender/guage.  The usual fix for this is an aftermarket, high quality
mechanical oil pressure sender/gauge setup.
HTH
Tark