Dismounting Tires

>How does every one dismount tires? That is take the tire off the rim.
>Besides going to a tire store.

After spending as much as $6 just to have a tire dismounted, a friend of
mine has taken on occasion his tire/rim combo to Wal-Mart where they
dismount it for $1.00, the cost of the tire disposal fee.  But, that was
last summer.  Has the disposal fee gone up since then?  Also, is the
disposal fee state or national?  I know that they'll charge you the
disposal fee when you purchase a new tire *whether or not* you dispose of
it *right then* or not.  B.W. (Before Walmart) my friend used to cut most
of the tire off with a pocket knife, then "beat each bead off" the rim.

Tom (not too worry if a little R12 leaks out, it's not made anymore, and
it'll *all* be coming out of everything someday) Lang

P.S., I enjoyed the alt.litebulb.whatever thingy!

Greetings my friend, we are all interested in the future, for
that is where you and I are going to spend the *rest* of our
lives.  And remember my friend, future events such as these
will effect *you* in the future.

--Criswell Predicts, from Ed Wood's "Plan 9 From Outer Space"