TravelTop seal preservation

When I merged my '79 guts into my '78 Traveler, I left behind the TravelTop
that was on it, but inherited the fiberglas cover things (in great shape),
and found also that the top had never been removed.  All the rubber was in
excellent shape.  I ended up with a full set of seals for all doors, top of
the bedrails, etc.

So, my question is, what is the concensus on seal preservation.  When I
take off the top, I plan to store the seals some how so they last.

ArmorAll, or silicone spray, or a nitrogen chamber, or suspended animation,
or cryonics, or what?  Plastic bag, vs earthenware crock buried in the back
yard, vs. nothing.

Any takers?

Thanks.
*****