RE: windows/tranny/tucson

>Here's a few questions:
>
>2. My windows rattle like hell. Any way to tighten them up? New tracks or
>something?
>
>Ian Johnson
>Tucson, AZ
>ianj@domain.elided

No real adjustment is possible, but you can rebuild the doors with new
window track and weatherstrip. The IH shop manual has a very complete
procedure for doing this job in the body section. The tracks are generic,
sold in bulk and available from old car vendors like Restoration
Specialties(no relation) and others that advertise in Hemmings. You may
have to keep your existing ends and pop rivet them on the new tracks. This
is the case with trucks from the '60's, but I've never done a Scout II so I
can't confirm. I mention this so you don't pitch the old tracks and then
discover you needed parts from them.....

New door weatherstripping(same sources) helps a lot, too. If you stop the
door from banging around, the windows have an easier life ;)

Jim