Body Mounts

Scott,  Before I replaced my old mounts, the body was almost
hitting on the frame in some places.  What I did:
Ordered new Prothane polyurethane mounts--about $80. Catalog
said they were for Scout II but the frame hole fit was real sloppy.
Removed center metal part from old mount and (with a little grinding)
pushed this onto the new mount. Much better fit. I also wanted to get
just a little more height, but not as much as a body lift kit gives.  So
I sandwiched a hockey puck  with several BIG washers--just a bit over
1" thick.   I glued this 'sandwich' together with polyurethane roofing sealer.
The overall lift is about 1+" over what it was before.  For me, this is just
about right.  A lot of things underneath now look like they just fit a lot
better.  But it's not so much as to create big gaps over the bumpers or cause
handling problems.  I have since heard that hockey pucks may not be the
best idea, but they were cheap, and after 8 months they still look OK.
I would think that the "sandwich" substantially reinforces the pucks--and the
pucks are not directly in contact with the body or mount--the big washers
spread out the psi.   Additionally, all I did was make some short extension
brackets for the fan shroud.  Good Luck
Dale Bradshaw    75 Scout II restored, 345, 727 auto