Re: Plug wires

>From: Chris & Ranae Procyk <procyk19@domain.elided>
>Subject: Ignition wires
>
>I want a top-quality set of ignition wires that really
>look custom cut for an IH.  Funky colors are a plus,
>but not required.  What are my options?

Chris,
I certainly don't know all your options, but here are two to consider.
Mallory sells several sets of cut and crimp your own wires, which I think
is the only option for getting a set of wires that really fit like the
originals. I like and have their red wires which are very highly rated
and look really good in my engine compartment. With a plug wire crimper
and the neat little cutter Mallory gives you it is really a snap to make
a great looking set of wires. Also excellent wires with even better plug
boots are made by Jacobs, but I think that they come only in blue. Same
tools and procedures for making these fit. What ever set of wires you end
up with will need the right ends for your distributor cap. Innies or
outies?
Many high output ignition modifications, such as MSD can't use solid core
wires, so present or future plans may eliminate that option. Neither the
Mallory or Jacobs that I've used are solid cores, but they may make some.
Maybe nobody makes solid cores any more, I don't know.
John

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
Founder of DARK  "DRIVERS AGAINST RIDICULOUS KRAP"
Life Member, National Rifle Association     California Rifle and Pistol
Asc.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group  Member, MacTwain Macintosh Users
Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"