VA Trail ride etc

Whew!
Just when I start to write to the digest, another one pops up!  This is
FYI, but I've never been on an organized trail ride, and this one is
damn close.
Big Dog Productions, Inc. is having 2 events (poss. more) this summer:
1)June 6-7 1998 Big Dog Annual Spring Wheeling Weekend Event
    Winchester, VA - Trail Ratings 3-9, $50per vehicle, limit 75
vehicles
2)Sept. 18-20 Annual Big Dog Jambo Event
    Winchester, VA - Trail Ratings 1-10, $75per vehicle, limit 100
vehicles
Talked w/a guy from the group.  Apparently, there are over 20 trails to
choose from, camping available, lakes to fish, etc.  I'm planning on
going.  Haven't done business/don't know em etc, but it may be a chance
for some east coasters to get together.  Call 410-422-2222 and leave
your name/addr. & they'll send you the info.

On the topic of starters, as someone else asked, what about those mini
starters? There's a company called Mean Green or something I saw on the
web.  Apparently they use roller bearings and hd parts.

I have custom front/rear rock bumpers that hold air.  The discussion
about blowing them out & rust got me to thinking about condensation
etc.  How can I keep them from rusting out?  Granted, they are hd and
stout.  Unfortunately, the valve stems are on the sides instead of the
bottom, so draining would be difficult.

I'd hafta add JB weld to my survival list of things to have in the
truck.

Thanks to all who responded about my Scout II top.  Going with the one
in the junk yard for $100, now have to find a way to get it home.  If
the weather was better, I could take the top off the yellow one & put
the new top on it for the way home...

Looking back, I have always owned a scout.  It was my first vehicle.  I
almost just sold the one I have now, but fate and the IHC-digest kept me
from sinning.  Damn it, I'm keeping it.  Now to get a tub for the other
one.  Thanks for all your input.
Rob C.
'78 Scout II big, yellow, solid
'78 Scout II unrecognizable (crushed top)