Re: Removing the hard top

An example of Nick Cuskey <ncuskey@domain.elided>'s troubled thought patterns:

>It's march, and spring's right around the corner.  One thing, though.  I
>just got my first scout 3 weeks ago.  It's a traveler, and I'm
>wondering, when I take the top off, does the gate go too?  Should I just
>get one of those net lookin' deals?  Also, how do I go about removing
>one?

If you do remove the top, you'll most definitely want to remove the lift gate
first.  The gate alone weighs a ton!  It's easy to remove by undoing the bolts
inside the roof of the top.  The gas charged support struts come off after
little wire clips are rotated around and slipped off the ends.  Just look
carefully and you'll see them.  The top itself it *very* heavy (it has a steel
frame sandwiched inside the fiberglass).  You'll want another strong back to
help you carry it off.

Welcome aboard,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)