Re:Fuel Tank options

>From: jmbrodsky@domain.elided
>Subject: Re[2]: Fuel tank opinions...
>
>Is it worth trying to bend the sender arm to give a different
>reading, IE more than 5/8 scale when full?  Or should I try to
>find another one?  I just got off the phone with the regional
>Dodge parts warehouse, and they have no listing for the sender,
>nor do they show any on the shelf for any other parts stop in the
>country.  Thanks IH.  I didn't think a used one was reliable from
>a junk yard.  Mine looks ok, just either a resistor net or a bend
>in the arm to fix the reading.  I'm planning on brazing the
>offending spot, I'll be done by around 9pm MST, then I'll let
>everyone know how it turned out.
>

>     -Joel Brodsky
Joel,
For what it's worth, when I bought an external gauge from a racing supply
house locally, they had senders in a number of ohm ranges including the
one necessary if I had kept the factory gauge. They were big SW and
Autoguage sellers.
John

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
Founder of DARK  "DRIVERS AGAINST RIDICULOUS KRAP"
Life Member, National Rifle Association     California Rifle and Pistol
Asc.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group  Member, MacTwain Macintosh Users
Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"