crankshaft spacer

  Dan,  I might be way off here cause I have never seen one for an auto matic. but if it is basically like a pilot bearing you can try this. If it does look like a "doughnut" but has no threads but has a hole through it fill the space with grease from a grease gun. As much as you can stuff in there. Then find a small enough tool (socket on a extention for example) just so that it will barely slide through. then tap it with a hammer. The grease will have enough pressure to pop the spacer out. I used this successfully on my Mustang when I installed the Tremec. But then again, 5.0's & IH's really don't have much in common, so maybe I sound drunk :)
		Andrew Thomas
		lynx@domain.elided
		'69 IH 1200 4x4