Re:Cat converters

On Sat, 28 Feb 1998 hofs@domain.elided wrote:

> The catalytic converters on 79 Scouts and I would suppose the 80's also,
> are of the  very best kind. The stuff that's in them burn out and blow
> out the tail pipe and leave the cat an open pipe. They seemingly never
> plug and are a much envied converter here in California.

Hmm.. do they do this on their OWN, or with a little help, John?

The mufflers on my mom's '84 HD Sportster have this great quality.. if
one accidentally jams a broomstick handle inside, they get a lot louder..
funny how that kind of thing happens..

Actually, she just informed me she has a set of full-on drag-pipes on the
way.. Now how's *that* for a mom?

(And she loves the glasspacks on the '77.. but bemoans that it just
doesn't bark like a V8..)

-Tom