Re: Thermostat

>	Just as an aside, I think the direction of the thermostat only
>matters for optimum flow.  Also the temp actuator is on the water
>pump side so that it can open when the water is hot, not
>the conducted temp.  This is the biggest reason for direction on
>a stat.

It would be my guess that water pressure helps open the thermostat,
rather than pushing against it thereby holding it shut.
John

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
Life Member, National Rifle Association     California Rifle and Pistol
Asc.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group  Member, MacTwain Macintosh Users
Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"