Re: oil, MIG, seats Q: tires

Hey folks,

I feel like yackin, so I'll take a stab at a few questions and ask some
of my own.

Non-detergent oil--Yes it is sold.  I buy it at Agri-Supply Co. in NC.
The only application I have is the pump in my high pressure washer, for
which it is recommended.

Seats: Remember we're talking IH here--think tractor. I bought a
set of medium-high back bucket agriculture seats from again,
Agri-supply. But I think Northern Hyd. has them. About $100 apiece.
Bolts right in exactly. Includes slider. I think the manufacturer was
SEATS, inc.

MIG-- I have the Hobart Handler 130. Real smooth. Works best with
argon/co2 mix or straight argon. Pure co2 pops and crackles. I loaned it
to my brother-in law. And he used it enough to become semi-pro. I take
my welding to him now.

Question:  I was looking at some 31x10.50 tires at Sam's the other day
and I remembered what someone told me about tire shopping: Reach down on
either side of the tire and grab hold of the beads. Pull the sidewalls
in and out to see how stiff the sidewalls were. Little movement-well
built sidewalls. Much movement--weak sidewalls. I believe the stiffest
were Armstrongs. I believe the "loosest" were BF Goodrich. Is there any
merit to this test? Or is this Urban legend material?

Later,

Mark Prescott
77SSII and other stuff
Still no title for the 80 SII