Late model engine swaps

> I plan on keeping
>the '94 emissions, cuz I'm socially responsible
I think I can claim that, but you really get me with:

>stand the stink of my emissions-legal Scout.
I lose some badly-needed IQ points every time I hitch up the horse trailer.  'Specially since the truck usually has just been fired up and the choke is on full!!

Meanwhile, I've literally had exhaust puffing directly into my face while dicking with a tow chain from the '91 engine and didn't even get watery eyes.

If I EFI my WM, I'll probably look into free-flow cats once I'm sure the EFI is working right.  I'm serious, It would have been cheaper than the gooseneck trailer I just bought the wife!!

The money doesn't bother me, the concern about a 'cat on an older vehicle is making sure it doesn't set the sucker on fire.  In fact, Advance Adaptors told me that in Kalifornia it's actually illegal to put cats on a vehicle that didn't orginally have them just because of that.

But if that's true, I don't know how they deal with the mix of a, cat-equipped engine on non-cat equipped car.  I guess it comes down to the fact that they don't want you messing with your car (GM knows best), even if you are making it both more efficient and cleaner.  Sheesh.

'67 1000B step-side p/up  BG241 + 4spd
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'71 1010 Travelall  392 auto
'73 1210 Wagonmaster, 392 auto