Trip to South Padre Island from OKC.

Hello,

I am planning to take a long weekend trip to South Padre Island this
coming weekend. Will leave Oklahoma City after work Friday and return on
Tuesday.I will be driving the 4WD Suburban and could pick up and deliver
parts along the way if anyone needs something. Will be traveling down
I35, over on I37, then down Highway 77.

I hope to do a little wheeling while I am at Padre Island. I am not sure
what is allowed down there at this time. Anyone have suggestions or
warnings? I am somewhat concerned about the relatively small (31x10.5x15
BFG ATs) tires on the Suburban while running in sand. I expect I will
have to be very carefull where I stop in order to get started again.

Also I seem to remember that there was a Scout salvage yard near Temple
Texas. Anyone have exact location?

Thomas Kiene

79 Scout II 345, 727, 4" springs, many mods in mind.
75 Scout II 304, T18, rust bucket
88 J*** XJ 4", EZ Locker, 31" BFG MTs
87 4WD Suburban (wife's car)
Other GM toys