Re: mallory ignition

Hello everybody,
Great news. I just talked to Mallory, they are not out of business and
say they have no intention of going out of business. They are aware that
their name got linked to Supershops, aren't sure why, and what happened
to Supershops had no effect on them.

Whoever it was that needed the Mallory distributor should be able to get
back to Summit and tell them to order it from Mallory.

Wow am I relieved. It was more than a IH thing with me. I used to race a
little and Mallory was a really important part of my fooling-around life
at the time. Besides that, they're a part of the history of the
automobile and we need to have some of our history stay alive. Now if
only Howard would tell us that Cord really never went out of business and
is ......

About a month ago, I put on some Mallory plug wires on my Terra and with
the kit came the neatest little plug wire stripper that I ever saw.
Probably cost Mallory about $.05, but made my job so much easier. I
thought at the time- Mallory has always had class. By the way, I didn't
like Mallorys plug boots, I think Jacobs are much better as they take any
shape you need for them to take and seal at the top where the wire comes
out. I know you could do that with the Mallorys but they don't suggest it
much less give you the stuff to do it.
Make up your mind, Hofstetter, do they have class or not? Certainly more
class than if they had died. Of course the legends about them

Hot dog!
John

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
Life Member, National Rifle Association     California Rifle and Pistol
Asc.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group  Member, MacTwain Macintosh Users
Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"