Re:Starter

>Could this be the starter?  I replaced the dang thing about a year ago and
>I know that it isn't beyond the relm of reality that it could be bad but
>it is easier to replace a battery than a starter.
>
>I guess what I am asking is....  Should I yank the starter and take it to
>Checkers and have it tested?  or is there something else I can try first?
>

>Anyway, I am hopeing that I don't have to replace the starter.
>
>Thanks,
>Luke
Luke,
If I understand you correctly, you tried jumping the vehicle. Assuming
you had heavy enough jumper cables, then failure to start means either a
bad cable or connection from battery to starter, or a bad solenoid, or a
bad starter. If you hadn't gotten the clicky sound then we would have to
add some other factors such as the ignition switch. First try tightening
the big nut on the solenoid as that sometimes works loose and only gives
you a partial connection.
John

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
Life Member, National Rifle Association     California Rifle and Pistol
Asc.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group  Member, MacTwain Macintosh Users
Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"